Delivering Reforms and Investments for Vehicle Efficiency and Supporting Motor carriers, Airports, Rails & trails and Transit agencies
Senator Wayne Langerholc, Jr. (R-35)
Chairman, Senate Transportation Committee
- Study the PA Department of Transportation’s (PennDOT) maintenance funding formula (S.R. 53 – Baker) – Adopted.
- Create a short-term partnership with the Auditor General and the Treasurer to evaluate cost-saving measures at PennDOT.
- Provide a roadmap towards testing and deploying driverless Highly Automated Vehicles. (S.B. 965 – Langerholc) – Act 130 of 2022
- Increase fines for traffic safety laws that receive the most violations, such as unregistered vehicles.
- Save the PA Turnpike Commission (PTC) $175 million if they followed the same environmental regulations as PennDOT (S.B. 737 – Langerholc).
- Provide a vehicle registration discount to subject vehicle owners who improved their air quality in the following counties: Blair, Cambria, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Lycoming, Mercer and Westmoreland.
- Reform the Public-Private Transportation Partnership (P3) statute and void the PennDOT Pathways Major Bridges P3 Initiative (S.B. 382 – Langerholc) – Act 84 of 2022.
- Require PennDOT to maintain stormwater systems in rural boroughs and towns (S.B. 283 – Hutchinson).
- Reinstate the registration sticker (S.B. 410 – K. Ward).
- Create the Clean Transportation Infrastructure Act (S.B. 435 – Mensch).
- Enhance penalties for offenses in active work zones (S.B. 614 – Vogel).
- Authorize an e-scooter pilot program in Pittsburgh (S.B. 783 – Langerholc and Costa) – Act 24 of 2021.
- Exempt the 5 newest model year vehicles from the emissions test (S.B. 777 – Langerholc).
- Streamline the home delivery of agricultural products (S.B. 736 – Langerholc).
- Authorize PennDOT to bond for the Interstate Transportation Improvement Program under the innovative federal Grant Anticipation Revenue Vehicles (GARVEE) program ($2 billion).
- Create a 5-year pilot program for Electric Vehicles to pay a Mileage Based User Fee ($0.03 per mile) or opt-out and pay an annual fee of $400.
- Following S.B. 382–Langerholc, encourage the P3 Board to consider only tolling the I-95 Gerard Point Bridge, which is the longest bridge in the State and includes a double-stack roadway ($600 million).
- Dedicate a portion of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) to provide immediate relief for the design and construction of PennDOT’s highways and bridges – Act 1A of 2021.
- Reduce the transfer from the Motor License Fund to the PA State Police (PSP) while ensuring a reliable, sustainable funding source for the PSP (S.B. 242-Pittman) – Act 1A of 2022
- Provide uniform standards for “peer-to-peer” vehicle rental platforms (S.B. 548-Stefano).
- Dedicate a portion of ARPA for transit capital improvements to provide immediate relief to PTC.
- Update Title 74 (Transportation) with an agreed-to proposal from rural and small urban transit agencies, Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) and the Port Authority of Allegheny County (PAAC) to better manage transit agencies across the Commonwealth (S.B. 1264 – Yudichak).
- Authorize local revenue generating options for SEPTA and PAAC.
- Reallocate funding over 5 years from the Public Transportation Trust Fund to support intercity passenger rail facility upgrades.
- Dedicate more funding from the Multimodal Transportation Fund for active transportation.
- Establish Airport Land Development Zones (S.B. 562-Scavello and Langerholc) – Act 53 of 2022.
- Deregulate small airport hangar development (co-sponsorship memo-Langerholc)
Put the Brakes on PennDOT’s Bridge Tolling Plan
- Langerholc Reaches Compromise to End Bridge Tolling July 7, 2022
- Senate Republican Leaders Applaud Court Ruling Halting Wolf’s Bridge Tolling Plan June 30, 2022
- Langerholc: Major Bridge P3 Initiative Halted by Commonwealth Court June 30, 2022
- Langerholc Issues Statement on Increased Passenger Rail Service in Western Pennsylvania June 27, 2022
- Senators Speak at Rally Opposing Bridge Tolling June 8, 2022
- Langerholc: Court Decision to Halt Bridge Tolling May 18, 2022
- Langerholc Issues Statement on Increased Passenger Rail Service in Western Pennsylvania February 18, 2022
- Langerholc Bill to Advance Highly Automated Vehicles Receives Bipartisan Support January 26, 2022
- Langerholc Introduces Legislation to Create a Roadmap for Highly Automated Vehicles January 5, 2022
- Senate Approves Scavello, Langerholc Bill Boosting Job Growth Around PA Airports December 14, 2021
- Langerholc’s Statement on the Passage of Senate Bill 382 November 16, 2021
- Langerholc: PennDOT Collecting Final Public Comment on Bridge Tolling October 25, 2021
- Langerholc Emissions Reform Bill Passes the Senate October 19, 2021
- Langerholc: Agricultural Home Delivery Bill Passes in Senate September 28, 2021
- Langerholc, Senate Committee Discuss Vehicle Emissions and Electrification September 27, 2021
- Langerholc, Senate Committee to Discuss Automotive Economic Opportunities and Megatrends September 23, 2021
- Langerholc to Discuss New Bike Lanes in Cambria County July 29, 2021
- E-Scooter Pilot Program to Start in Pittsburgh June 30, 2021
- Langerholc Outraged by PennDOT Insistence to Toll Bridges June 28, 2021
- Langerholc Announces $279 Million Investment in Roads and Bridges June 25, 2021
- Langerholc Touts Alternative Option to PennDOT’s Bridge Tolling Scheme June 16, 2021
- Public hearing on reforms and investments to advance transportation innovations in Pennsylvania June 1, 2021
- Langerholc Unveils an Innovative Plan Reforming and Investing in PA’s Multimodal Transportation System May 28, 2021
- Senate Passes Langerholc Bill to Put the Brakes on PennDOT’s Bridge Tolling Plan April 27, 2021
- Legislation to Stop PennDOT’s Bridge Tolling Plan Passes Senate Panel March 17, 2021
- New Legislation Puts the Brakes on Tolling PA Interstate Bridges March 11, 2021
- Senators To Announce Legislation To Put Brakes on PennDOT P3 Bridge Tolling Plan March 10, 2021
- Senator Langerholc Raises Serious Concerns with PennDOT’s Plan to Toll Bridges February 18, 2021
- Senator Langerholc Named Chairman of Senate Transportation Committee January 13, 2021