Senate Transportation Committee
Tuesday, September 19, 2023 | 12:30 p.m.
Room 461, Main Capitol
1. S.B. 934 – Langerholc – Exempts the Turnpike Commission from local ordinances related to the
planning, design and construction of linear highway projects and facilities.
2. S.B. 473 – Boscola – Intercepts State lottery winnings (in excess of $2,500) and State income tax
refunds for unpaid tolls at the Turnpike Commission.
3. S.B. 597 – Laughlin – Modernizes the management of public transit agencies with comprehensive
reforms to deliver the operating and capital programs.
4. S.B. 799 – Rothman – Permits counties to dedicate supplemental bridge allocations to municipalities
for maintaining bridges.
- Amendment No. 1977 – Rothman – Authorizes the money for constructing municipal bridges as well.
5. S.B. 897 – Baker – Increases the safe transportation of children on school buses by creating new
traffic rules and strengthening penalties for overtaking a school bus.