Senate Transportation Committee
Wednesday, April 26, 2023 | 10 a.m.
Room 461 Main Capitol Building
Meeting to consider SB 140, SB 153, SB 362, SB 561, and SB 562
- S.B. 140 Langerholc Requires the Attorney General to appoint a special prosecutor to oversee crimes on SEPTA property.
- Amendment No. 346 Clarifies the State Police may provide assistance to the special prosecutor.
- S.B. 153 J. Ward and Yaw Permits milk hauling during a declaration of disaster emergency.
- S.B. 362 Farry Imposes penalties on a railroad company or government agency that blocks a railroad crossing for an unreasonable period of time.
- Amendment No. 320 Vogel Provides a gut-and-replace to impose a fine of $1,000 per day per crossing, updates the criteria for exceptions and dedicates fines to the county where the violation occurred for emergency response services (equipment, training, etc.).
- S.B. 561 Langerholc Exempts the newest model year vehicles from the emissions test for five years, and bans a gas cap test when a subject vehicle is not manufactured with a gas cap.
- S.B. 562 Langerholc Exempts Blair, Cambria, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Lycoming, Mercer and Westmoreland Counties from the vehicle emissions test.