Senate Transportation Committee
Monday, February 27, 2023 | 11 a.m.
Hearing Room 1 NOB
To collect testimony on “Hazardous Materials Transported by Rail”
- 11:00 a.m.: Welcoming Remarks
- Committee Member Introductions
- Swearing-in of Testifiers
- 11:05 a.m.: Panel 1
- Carl Belke, President, Keystone State Railroad Association – Testimony
- 11:30 a.m.: Panel 2
- Honorable Mike Carroll, Acting Secretary, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- Andy Batson, AICP, Acting Deputy Secretary for Multimodal Transportation, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- Randy Padfield, Director, Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency
- Honorable Gladys Brown Dutrieuille, Chairman, Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission – Testimony
- Rodney Bender, P.E., Rail Safety Manager, Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission
- 12:25 p.m.: Closing Remarks
Additional Testimony Received:
- Honorable Matt Pacifico, Mayor, City of Altoona – Testimony
Notes for General Public:
- The hearing will be streamed live on the Senate Transportation Committee’s website.
- The hearing’s recording and testimonies will be saved on the Committee’s website as well.